Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Missing by Kelley Armstrong


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,  that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating or books that are in our TBR pile.  This week’s “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is


Summary (by Goodreads)

The only thing Winter Crane likes about Reeve’s End is that soon she’ll leave it. Like her best friend did. Like her sister did. Like most of the teens born in town have done. There’s nothing for them there but abandoned mines and empty futures. They’re better off taking a chance elsewhere.

The only thing Winter will miss is the woods. Her only refuge. At least it was. Until the day she found Lennon left for dead, bleeding in a tree.

But now Lennon is gone too. And he has Winter questioning what she once thought was true. What if nobody left at all? What if they’re all missing?
 

I meant to talk about this book a couple weeks ago because it is by one of my favourite authors - Kelley Armstrong.  It is ON THE SHELVES NOW!!  There are SO MANY things that I love about this author.  She is very active and always seems to new titles coming out which I love. I also really like the variety of genres she seems to attack.  She has both series and standalone titles and she is very active in promoting her books, traveling around Canada to do author visits and signings.  Love it.  She is from Ontario and I've met her on several occasions.  Very down to earth accessible author who loves her work and is appreciative to her readers. If you haven't had a chance to read any of her books yet, give this one a try as a stand-alone.  

 - Christinabean

1 comment:

  1. I just read this one and I think you'll like it, I've only read 3 of her books but I'm rapidly becoming a fan!

    ReplyDelete